B. Sc. Nursing
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES
The Mata Gujri College of Nursing, Kishanganj endeavors to develop a graduate level nurse who will be able to:
- Apply knowledge from physical, biological, and behavioural sciences, medicine including alternative systems and nursing in providing nursing care to individuals, families and communities.
- Demonstrate understanding of life style and other factors, which affect health of individuals and groups.
- Provide nursing care based on steps of nursing process in collaboration with the individuals and groups.
- Demonstrate critical thinking skill in making decisions in all situations in order to provide quality care.
- Utilize the latest trends and technology in providing healthcare.
- Provide promotive, preventive and restorative health services in line with the national health policies and programmes.
- Practice within the framework of code of ethics and professional conduct, and acceptable standards of practice within the legal boundaries.
- Communicate effectively with individuals and groups, and members of the health team in order to promote effective interpersonal relationship and teamwork.
- Demonstrate skills in teaching to individuals and groups in clinical/community health settings.
- Participate effectively as members of the health team in health care delivery system.
- Demonstrate leadership and managerial skills in clinical/community health settings.
- Conduct need based research studies in various settings and utilize the research findings to improve the quality of care.
- Demonstrate awareness, interest, and contribute towards advancement of self and of the profession.
- Provide qualified nurses to cope with advancement in medical science and technology.
- Be efficient in teaching to nursing students as well as providing direct patient care.
- Incorporate evidence based teaching learning activities in nursing curriculum to strengthen nursing practice for quality and cost effective nursing care.
The above objectives can be fulfilled by implementing EBES:
Knowledge:- Students should be facilitated by didactic lectures and evidence searching exercises for the same (Good to Know category)
Analyze: – Theory classes should incorporate recent evidences. (Desirable to Know category)
Application: – Tutorials and demonstrations based on all steps of Evidence Based Decision Making. (Must Know category)
Duration of Course:-
The duration of BSc. Nursing Programme Shall is 4 Years including Internship